Saturday, May 4, 2013

CPE Agility Trial (Y2K9's)


I return (half) victorious!

Jackpot Level 1 - NQ for a blown A-frame contact in the gamble. (I front crossed too soon and did not remind her to TOUCH!)  She was also a bit erratic and sniffy, but still working with me.
Standard Level 2 - Q!  I did not expect to Q here, it was our first Level 2 run in Standard and the weaves and teeter were both there.  Only 5 faults for a knocked bar.
Colors Level 2 - NQ.  Straight line of four jumps to the back of the ring.  She went around every. single. one.  I had to baby her over that line and it was SO unlike her to be that way, and then she took an off course tunnel.  I got flustered and sent her to the wrong jump.  There was much lamenting.   (I *think* that she was warm from being in the car before this run.  The hatch and windows were open and she was shaded, but I still think it was warm and she was groggy.  I moved her crate into the building after that.)
Snooker Level 1 - NQ.  This was a HARD course and we NQ'd on our third jump because of Molly back jumping it.  I was trying to wrap her around a red jump but I stepped in too soon and pushed her back over the jump.  More lamenting.  Why do I suck so much?
Jumpers Level 1 - Q with 0 faults!  Third time's the charm! (sigh.)  This was a gorgeous run for Molly, we ran so smooth and pretty.  I wish that I had had this one video'd.  That earned us our Level 1 Fun Title.  YAY!

So, it was not a perfect day, but still a day to be proud of.  I am SO frustrated with my handler errors, I drive myself crazy!  I say that my brain seriously goes right into TV static when I enter the ring.  If anything goes wrong, I get so flustered and I have a hard time recovering.  Working on that.

But when I look back at our first trial, we have really come so far in only a few months.  To have a clean and beautiful Jumpers run today meant a lot to me.  To qualify our FIRST time in Level 2 with only 5 faults also meant a lot to me.  And to know the REASON for all of our NQ's - how my handling caused Molly to do something undesirable - that also means a lot to me.
We are getting somewhere.  Molly is at last gaining the control and focus to work with me in the ring - it is time for me to learn how to handle her and TRUST her, instead of locking up mentally with worry that she will do something erratic.

Title Schmitle.  I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment