Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Agility Inspiration!

Sometimes you work overnight and only get two hours of sleep during a 48 hour time span.   And then you come home and sob over those awesome Inspirational Agility videos by AgilitySheltie on YouTube.   Nothing gets my "never give up" blood boiling like these videos - intense music, slow motion clips of agility teams running courses, inspirational quotes that rock me to my core when I hear them.   And my favorite, the video about AgilitySheltie's first agility dog, a fearful sound sensitive sheltie named Ronja - of course they overcame all odds together.

I dare you to watch all of these videos and not get teary eyed at least once!



And then this one just undid me.  Because so many teams, across all dog sports, they do hear those discouraging phrases.   People's cruelly given two-cents or their unknowingly crushing and harsh remarks.  I have had my dogs and my inexperience made fun of, pointed out and put down.  Sometimes at the absolutely worst possible moment for my self esteem to handle it.   Humans are cruel.

""Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that.  But the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.""


"Some succeed because they are destined.  Some succeed because they are determined."









More fantastic inspirational videos by AgilitySheltie can be found here.  I know that I get totally intense with my attitude towards learning agility, and towards relationship with my dogs as we journey through dog sports.   I can't help that, it's who I am!  I am determined, I love what I am doing, and I will never ever give up!

"A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't."

No comments:

Post a Comment