Friday, March 31, 2017

Full House

Really special night tonight!

I have attended countless Friday night CPE trials at the local training center and I always enjoy them.   Work all day, run the dogs in the evening.   But tonight was special.   Tonight was Molly and I getting to go back into the agility ring together.   Tonight was a big middle finger to cancer.   Tonight was just moving on with life despite the horrible start to our year, all the question marks and worry.   Tonight was a return to normal.    There is nothing more precious.   I felt like I had won the lottery.

She was high when we walked into the building.   It was pouring rain outside, I was working out of my car, and I did not have time for our normal acclimation.   My head is pounding from a sinus infection and the cold rain.   She had her normal string cheese ringside treat.   We did LAT and her tricks and she came back to earth.   She of course qualified, it is Fullhouse after all.   How fortunate that we could play her favorite agility class as her first back.


And just like that, life is back to normal until further notice.   No chemo, no short term life expectancies.   Just the gift of running the most fun dog alive.   Thank you, Unsinkable Molly.

No comments:

Post a Comment