Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Training Outing

Perri, Ein and I went on a field trip to the local park to Practice Stuff.    Ein is getting great at the directed jump, though I still usually have to double command him.   That's okay with me, though!  He "gets" it and that is something that I never thought would happen.
We have a big Rally-O weekend planned (two days of double trials) with three Level 3 runs entered, and I am hoping to secure some Q's there.

Perri did pretty great.   Her heeling was wonderful and so was her stand-stay.   When we got to the recall she was feeling silly.   She blew past me entirely and then really went on a zoomie run and right into the creek.   Oh boy.   
Following that we did some fun recalls, some short recalls.  Keep it fun, keep it successful.
The long stays were okay but into the second minute of the three minute down-stay I could see that Perri was shivering!   I just clipped her down and being in the cool evening breeze after her dunk in the creek was too much!   She broke her down stay when I came in to tell her "Good stay, good girl."

Oops.   Should I be nervous that we are trialing next Thursday?   Maybe.   
Any panic that I may or may not have been feeling aside, I took Perri over Ein's jump a bunch of times to warm her back up and then did some short stays so that she could be successful and called an end to our practice.   No room for panic and worry, only fun and progress. (at least that's what I keep telling myself!)

Neener, neener!  You can't catch meeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment