Saturday, October 19, 2013

Eve of Destruction - AKC Style

One of many hilarious photos from the CPE Trial two weeks ago, thank you Pooch Smooch Photography.

Just a quick check in to announce that tonight is another Eve Of Destruction night!  Molly and I will be attempting her first AKC Agility trial tomorrow.

Three busy rings adjacent to one another (gulp).
Only one refusal allowed in a course (versus the oh, infinity, that we need and are permitted in CPE and USDAA)
Only two runs entered (Novice Agility and Novice Jumpers with Weaves.), with my knowing full well that Molly's first run is almost always a waste of an entry fee, thrown away to zoomies and or other mayhem.

Why did I enter?   My friend wanted to and I thought, Why Not?   Because I always think "Why Not?"  Because I want to give it a try, see if I like it.   See what it's all about.  

Molly and I have certainly improved this year and that is for sure.   To the point where we could hope to qualify in a new, noisy venue with the odds stacked against us?   Not so sure if we are there yet.   But we will try!  And we will have fun - Molly will make sure of that!  All I ask is that she doesn't leave the ring to go help our neighboring competitors.  Gulp.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    I can't wait to hear the blow-by-blow. I'd be particularly interested in your thoughts on the differences between the venues, and how Molly does with the changes in course style, venue distractions, rules, etc. etc. -- in other words, as usual, I just want to know EVERYTHING. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we are back home and a post has been made. It was a mixed bag but we sure did have fun and I do believe we will play AKC Agility again one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete